Environmental Policy of Dreams Beach
The management and staff of Dreams Beach is committed to keep the natural beauty of the destination alive by protecting the environment and conserving natural resources. Therefore Dreams Beach obliges itself to adapt an Environmental Policy with the following actions:
IN OUR HOTEL
1. We fully comply with all Egyptian environmental laws and regulations and we support the protection of the coral reef.
2. We monitor and record our environmental performance.
3. We have an environmental purchasing policy which gives preferences to goods and services with the least possible environmental impacts.
4. We provide all employees with the training and resources required to meet our environmental objectives.
5. We have implemented systems to save water and are constantly setting new targets to save more.
6. We treat all our wastewater through a sewage treatment plant. We recycle it to irrigate our gardens and do not discharge any wastewater into the lagoon, bay area or sea.
7. We are using a system to reduce electricity consumption.
8. We separate and treat our waste.
9. We minimize the amount of air emissions, wastewater effluent, solid waste and hazardous materials associated with own operations.
10. All our actions concerning the environment are available for our guests (via our TV information channel and guest information flyer).
11. We take care that any disturbance of natural ecosystems, caused by either the hotel operation or the hotel construction will be rehabilitated. Actions will be documented in the action plan (e.g. compensatory contribution to conservation management).
12. We avoid the introduction of invasive species on our premises
13. We encourage the use of mass transportation (busses) as well cleaner and more resource efficient transportation modes in our hotel and by our customers, employees, suppliers.
14. The hotel is monitoring the CO2 emissions.
15. We use solar power to heat the water in the Hotel rooms.
16. We control regularly the quality of our water supply, including fresh water and swimming pool water.
Sustainable Management Policy of Dreams Beach
The management and staff of Dreams Beach are committed to keep the hotel and its surroundings an appropriate and safe place, in which ethical, economical and quality standards are given for the people involved (staff and local community), and the conservation of cultural heritage and wildlife is ensured. Therefore, Dreams Beach obliges itself to establish a Sustainable Management Policy with the following actions:
IN OUR HOTEL
1. We implement a Sustainable Management Policy which considers economic, quality, health, safety issues and considers risk & crisis management according to legal requirements for our hotel, its surroundings and for every person involved or influenced by our actions.
2. All applicable local and international legislation and regulations are complied with.
3. We consider human rights issues as part of its operation.
4. Everybody, especially local residents, women, and minorities if existent, are given equal opportunity for employment without discrimination by gender, race religion, disability, or others, including management positions and we actively support our employees to advance in their careers.
5. We avoid commercial exploitation (e.g. employment of illegal child labor) and non-commercial exploitation (e.g. sexual harassment or exploitation), particularly of children and adolescents and discrimination of women and therefore we pay all the employees an adequate wage which allows them to make a living
6. The national legal protection of all our employees is respected (including: current labor law, occupational health & safety)
7. We respect local and indigenous communities (e.g. Bedouins), including their intellectual and property rights. We also respect the water rights of all traditional communities.
8. Local properties and sites of historical, archeological, cultural or spiritual importance are protected.
9. Captive or protected wildlife is only kept by authorized people, in appropriate conditions and if allowed by local to international law.
10. The activities of the hotel have no negative influence
· On the provision of basic water, energy, food, health and sanitation services to local communities.
· On the access to land and aquatic resources, rights-of-way and transport, housing and historical, archeological, cultural and spiritual sites for local communities
11. We ensure that all property, land, and water rights used on the hotel’s premises have been acquired in compliance local, communal and indigenous rights, including their free, prior and informed consent.
12. We ensure that the involuntary settlement of inhabitants did / does not take place during the development / expansion of the hotel.
13. We are committed to continuously improve our sustainability performance